I can tell you some..... secrets of a musician on tour.
1. You will be spending a lot of time in preparing for your presentation and that may not feel good.
2. Do your best to be hours before your presentation because there are always some things unexpected before you arrive at the show.
3. You have to keep smiling and never show off frustration or difficulties, just improvise something when things got stuck and keep smiling.
4. Don't expect an ideal situation, -sound system, -paycheck, -transport, -ambient etc etc.
5. Eat fresh after your performance, because it is easier to eat junk food after your presentation.